Hello friends! Yes I know it’s been foreeeever since I last posted. I guess I just dropped off the face of blogland for awhile. Forgive me?! (Maybe the sheer amount of photos in this post will make up for it?!)
I know you’ve been waiting for this. I started this project back in March and it is now well loved in its new home! Which makes me so so so happy!
Here it is. The finished queen sized quilt! (Yes, queen sized! This thing is a beast!)
- Fitted sheet – cut for squares
- Quilt backing – back of pillow shams
- Quilt front – cut for squares
- Quilt batting – batting for pillow shams
- Quilt ruffles and piping – around pillow shams
- Crib skirt – cut for squares
- Crib skirt ruffles – ironed and used for some of the binding
- Bumpers – cut for squares
- Bumper binding – used as binding again
The small paisley print was provided by the mom and the large polka dot and pink striped fabric was added by me.
Any longer roughly 2.5 inch scraps were used for binding on the quilt.
Here are a couple close up photos of the pillow shams.
Out of the scraps, I also made a cute tote bag and flower clip (pic from the mom since I accidentally deleted the one I had).
Here are a couple more in process photos. A.K.A cats who like quilts.
The quilt took up my parent’s whole living room floor.
My crafty heart is full and happy.