Quilt Story: Ella’s Quilt Made From Crib Bedding

Hello friends! Yes I know it’s been foreeeever since I last posted. I guess I just dropped off the face of blogland for awhile. Forgive me?! (Maybe the sheer amount of photos in this post will make up for it?!)

I know you’ve been waiting for this. I started this project back in March and it is now well loved in its new home! Which makes me so so so happy!

Here it is. The finished queen sized quilt! (Yes, queen sized! This thing is a beast!)

The pattern that was used can be found in my previous post.
Here’s a little breakdown of where all that fabric from the original crib bedding went:
  • Fitted sheet – cut for squares
  • Quilt backing – back of pillow shams
  • Quilt front – cut for squares
  • Quilt batting – batting for pillow shams
  • Quilt ruffles and piping – around pillow shams
  • Crib skirt – cut for squares
  • Crib skirt ruffles – ironed and used for some of the binding
  • Bumpers – cut for squares
  • Bumper binding – used as binding again

The small paisley print was provided by the mom and the large polka dot and pink striped fabric was added by me.

Any longer roughly 2.5 inch scraps were used for binding on the quilt.

The binding was made using various scraps following this tutorial and then hand stitched to the front.
The back is all the pink and white polka dots with a strip of scrap fabric.
My sister did an awesome job quilting it!

Here are a couple close up photos of the pillow shams.

Out of the scraps, I also made a cute tote bag and flower clip (pic from the mom since I accidentally deleted the one I had).

Here are a couple more in process photos. A.K.A cats who like quilts.

The quilt took up my parent’s whole living room floor.

{my parent’s cat swimming in a sea of pink and green!}
{my sweetie Elwood sleeping in the folds while I worked on hand stitching the binding}
This quilt had to travel a long ways to get to it’s home. I can’t believe the size box we fit a queen size quilt, 2 pillow shams, and a tote bag into! It took my husband and I and a couple clamps to wrestle it into a 12 x 12 x 8 inch box. I’m guessing it exploded out of the box upon arrival and opening it up.
{stuffed and taped every which way}
And finally some proof that it is loved in its new home.

My crafty heart is full and happy.

Linked up here:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

*

*

C a t e g o r i e s
A r c h i v e s
S e a r c h
S u b s c r i b e